The new year is off to a good start (at least in regards to reading)!
January’s goal is 5 books…
What I read:
- Zen and the Art of Happiness—Chris Prentiss
- 5* (Jan 1)
- The Dictionary of Lost Words—Pip Williams
- 2.5* (Jan 03)
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions—Randall Munroe
- Audiobook (4h 50m)
- 4* (Jan 17)
- 18 Tiny Deaths: The Untold Story of Frances Glessner Lee and the Invention of Modern Forensics—Bruce Goldfarb
- Audiobook (6h 28m)
- 4.5* (Jan 17)
- Mrs. March—Virginia Feito
- 3.5* (Jan 18)
- Educated—Tara Westover
- Audiobook (9h 1m)
- 5* (Jan 26)
- Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated—Alison Arngrim
- 4* (Jan 29)
Note: I quit linking titles to that big site that funds the rich dude and his space wars with other rich dudes. I’ve linked to Goodreads, but if you’re looking to support independent bookstores, my favorite local shop is Old Town Books (they ship!), and you can support my favorite podcast and a local shop of your choosing through their Bookshop.org link at KickBezosInTheBalls.org. And you can never go wrong with your local library!
Star Ratings: Based on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 2 books
- 4 stars: 3 books
- 3 stars: 1 books
- 2 stars: 1 books
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 1 book
- Not rated: 0 books
Pages Read/Hours Listened: (does not include abandoned books, edited manuscripts, etc.)
- January – 2170, 20h 19m
1. Read 36 books – I finished 7 books toward my Goodreads Challenge.
2. Decrease my TBR –
- Jan 1: 64 physical / 22 Kindle
- Feb 1: 64/23
3. Read 12 not-novels –
- Jan: 5 (1 development, 3 memoir, 1 nonfiction—and 4 audiobooks)
4. Read 22 minutes per day – I haven’t missed any days. Counting my 2021 goal of reading 21 minutes per day, I’m on a 139-day streak.
I started off January with 2 books already underway and my quick annual re-read. I’ve also been listening to more audiobooks than usual, so it was a great start to the year. And I’ve gotten my first abandoned book of the year out of the way as well! February is a shorter month, plus I’m listening to a 29-hour audiobook, so I’m setting a goal of just 3 books.