I’m going to try to make up for that by reading 5 books in March.
What I read:
- On the Come Up—Angie Thomas
- 3.5* (Mar 8)
- The Hand on the Wall—Maureen Johnson
- 4* (Mar 11)
- Y Is for Yesterday—Sue Grafton
- 4* (Mar 22)
- A Dream About Lightning Bugs: A Life of Music and Cheap Lessons—Ben Folds (audiobook)
- 4* (Mar 27)
- The House on Mango Street—Sandra Cisneros
- 3.5* (Mar 28)
Excuse(s) for Not Reading More: I read a lot in March. It was great.
Diversity? Not bad. Some vignettes, an audiobook/memoir, some YA, and a mystery.
Star Ratings: Based on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 2 books
- 4 stars: 6 books
- 3 stars: 3 books
- 2 stars: 1 book
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 0 books (though I’m close on one…)
- Not rated: 0 books
Pages Read: (does not include abandoned books, edited manuscripts, etc.)
- January – 1085
- February – 880
- March – 1753 (in part due to an audiobook that I started way back mid-February)
1. Read 48 books – I’m behind by 1 as of this writing. (my Goodreads Challenge)
2. Decrease my TBR –
3. Read 12 not-novels – Nonfiction, poetry, essays, or fiction anthologies all count.
- Jan – 2 (pocket quotes, nonfiction zen)
- Feb – 0
- Mar – 2 (vignettes, audiobook/memoir)
I made my March goal of 5 books, but April has been a disaster (as evidenced by this late update). I’m going to set a very low goal of 2 books.