Not the worst reading month, but I’ve had much better.
Another goal of 4 books for March.
What I read: (Link to my Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge)
Excuse(s) for Not Reading More: Spring. Getting stuck on another book or two that I didn’t enjoy.
Diversity? Fiction vs essays.
Star Ratings: I base this on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 3 books
- 4 stars: 3 books
- 3 stars: 2 books
- 2 stars: 0 books
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 2 books
- Not rated: 0 books
Pages Read: (does not include abandoned books or Coffin Bell)
- January – 993
- February – 1232
- March – 454 (ouch)
Coffin Bell Submissions: I used to include these because they took up so much of my time. I resigned my position as their short story editor in March so I could prioritize other projects.
- 20 short stories
- 14 short stories
- 1 CNF (creative nonfiction)
- 15 short stories
1. Read 40 books – I’m on track with 10 books.
2. Decrease my TBR –
- Jan 1 – 73 physical / 21 Kindle
- Feb 1 – 71 / 22
- Mar 4 – 71/22 (huh)
- Apr 3 – 73/23 (it was my birthday month)
3. Read 6 short story/essay/poetry collections – I’d really like to read double that number and I’m on track right now.
- Jan – 1 (short story: The Sadness of Beautiful Things – Simon Van Booy)
- Feb – 1 (poetry: No Matter the Wreckage -Sarah Kay & Sophia Janowitz)
- Mar – 1 (essays: Well-Read Black Girl – Glory Edim)
Again I lost a lot of time to a book I didn’t enjoy and didn’t complete. That majorly derailed me last year and it’s also affected two months this year. Time to cut that out! April’s reading goal is 4 books, including another essay/short story collection.