May lasted at least three months, but I doubt my reading reflects that. Let’s find out!
My goal for May:
I’d really like to start tackling the books I own. I’m going to set a goal of 4 books for May, including a short story collection.
What I read: (Link to my Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge)
|Behind Closed Doors
3.5* (May 17)
|Today Will Be Different
3* (May 24)
|Apartment Therapy: Complete and Happy Home
(Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, Janel Laban)
4* (May 24)
Excuse(s) for Not Reading More: Again, I traveled at the beginning of the month. I abandoned two books. I’m also mostly through one and started on another.
Diversity? Sort of? Contemporary thriller, women’s fiction/humor, and a how-to guide.
Star Ratings: I base this on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 3 books
- 4 stars: 1 books
- 3 stars: 8 books
- 2 stars: 1 books
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 5 books
Pages Read: (does not include abandoned books)
- January – 849
- February – 1122
- March – 1268
- April – 980
- May – 915 (ugh, it gets worse and worse)
1. Read 40 books – I’m surprised to see I’m supposedly on-track with 16 books.
2. Decrease my TBR – As of May, I’m trying to be more ruthless about abandoning books that have been on my shelf for a long time and/or that don’t draw me in quickly when I pick them up.
- Jan 1 – 88 physical / 19 Kindle
- Feb 1 – 89 / 19
- Mar 1 – 80/20 (I purged a LOT of books, but some were previously read and 3 were gifts)
- Apr 6 – 85/22 (It was my birthday and I like to buy books as souvenirs)
- May 1 – 86/21
- June 4 – 81/22
June’s goal is 5 books. I’m already 69% and 29% through two books and I should have more quiet time than usual with my husband traveling two weeks this month.