So far, so good. I’m ahead of schedule, realizing that schedule is kind of wimpy.
I’ll set a goal of 4 books as I’m already well into one and the following selection will be a quick read.
What I read: (Link to my Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge)
3.5* (Feb 4)
Lin-Manuel Miranda & Jonny Sun
4.5* (Feb 7)
3.75* (Feb 13)
Sarah Kay & Sophia Janowitz
Excuse(s) for Not Reading More: I did ok.
Diversity? Poetry, fiction, sorta poetry.
Star Ratings: I base this on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 3 books
- 4 stars: 2 book
- 3 stars: 3 book
- 2 stars: 0 books
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 1 book
- Not rated: 0 books
Pages Read: (does not include abandoned books or Coffin Bell)
- January – 993
- February – 1232
Coffin Bell Submissions: (I’m going to include this because it takes so much of my time)
- 20 short stories
- 14 short stories
- 1 CNF (creative nonfiction)
1. Read 40 books – Currently 2 ahead of schedule
2. Decrease my TBR –
3. Read 6 short story/essay/poetr collections – I’d really like to read double that number and I’m on-track right now.
- Jan – 1 (short story: The Sadness of Beautiful Things – Simon Van Booy)
- Feb – 1 (poetry: No Matter the Wreckage -Sarah Kay & Sophia Janowitz)
February was a good month, considering it’s also a short month. I lost a good amount of time on a book I ultimately abandoned, but