Oops, somehow I completely missed my June wrap-up!
My goal for June:
June’s goal is 5 books. I’m already 69% and 29% through two books and I should have more quiet time than usual with my husband traveling two weeks this month.
What I read: (Link to my Goodreads 2018 Reading Challenge)
|Your Heart is a Muscle the Size of a Fist
5* (June 5)
|The Silent Companions
5* (June 19)
|The Alaska Cruise Handbook: A Mile-by-Mile Guide
Joe Upton, Eric Wohlforth
4* (June 20)
Excuse(s) for Not Reading More: So I guess I didn’t read 5 books. But this doesn’t represent the other two Alaska travel books I read or the hours I’ve spent reading the slush pile since I started as a short story editor at a literary journal.
Diversity? Contemporary thriller, a fictionalized account of a real event, and a travel guide.
Star Ratings: I base this on the flat stars Goodreads displays in list-view, not the quarter-star system I assign in my reviews.
- 5 stars: 5 books
- 4 stars: 2 books
- 3 stars: 8 books
- 2 stars: 1 books
- 1 star: 0 books
- 0 stars: 0 books
- Abandoned: 5 books
Pages Read: (does not include abandoned books)
- January – 849
- February – 1122
- March – 1268
- April – 980
- May – 915 (ugh, it gets worse and worse)
- June – 759 (keeping the trend alive!)
1. Read 40 books – I believe as of July 1 I was still on track. I’m ahead by one book right now.
2. Decrease my TBR – As of May, I’m trying to be more ruthless about abandoning books that have been on my shelf for a long time and/or that don’t draw me in quickly when I pick them up.
- Jan 1 – 88 physical / 19 Kindle
- Feb 1 – 89 / 19
- Mar 1 – 80/20 (I purged a LOT of books, but some were previously read and 3 were gifts)
- Apr 6 – 85/22 (It was my birthday and I like to buy books as souvenirs)
- May 1 – 86/21
- June 4 – 81/22
- July 6 – 80/22
July’s goal is 4 books. I’d like to finally finish up the short story collection I’ve been reading forever and I’ve already finished two other books. Plus, I have a novel I want to read before traveling (again) at the end of the month.